Christmas is not only a season for rejoicing and having fun but it is also a good period for reflections and taking stock. One of the areas I will advice you seriously consider is health. Oftentimes we only think of health when we fall ill. We fail to realize that a day of illness can affect our productivity and earning power more than the 24 hours.
If you are serious about making good progress in all areas of your life in the New Year, then this article is for you. You can be who you want to be by harnessing your physical, intellectual, mental and spiritual endowments. Studies upon studies have revealed that the greater the amount of health you possess, the more you can achieve.
Can you imagine that each hour you spend exercising will add almost 2 hours to your life!
In preparing for a healthy, productive and prosperous new year, the following steps may be of help:
- Decide today to attain a high level of health.
- Have a health appraisal done – this can be as simple as completing a questionnaire on the internet ( the mayo clinic website at www.mayoclinic.com is a good place to start)
- Decide on which area of health development that you need to focus on for the moment; weight management, stress management, fitness etc. which ever one you choose, will ultimately lead you to your desired health goals specifically and generally.
- Religiously follow the guidelines for the program you have chosen.
- Conduct another health appraisal in three to six months and if necessary amend the program as advised by your care coordinator.
Finally remember that achieving success in any endeavor in life requires the 4 Ds; desire, determination, discipline and dedication.
Resolve today to do something about your health in the New Year and you will be surprised that you will exceed your widest imagination.
Have a healthy Christmas and a very fruitful New Year.