Prevention is Better Than Cure.
A common agelong saying that has remained valid since time immemorial.
It’s concept, basically is to be proactive about situations before things get out of hand literally! Human beings naturally like to be in control. Anyone would choose will over compulsion. However, in reality, this doesn’t play out when it comes to health management.
Most people don’t see the reason to check their health status until they feel too sick. The truth is, you shouldn’t check of your health only when something is wrong because by that by the time you feel the pain, the chance is it’s at an advanced stage.
Preventive healthcare as defined by Wikipedia consists of measures taken for disease prevention.
The various ways you can practice preventive healthcare include:
- Hygiene: preventing diseases and maintaining good health through cleanliness and ensuring a conducive environment.
- Stress management: deliberate actions directed at managing a person’s level of stress with the motive of improving the person’s health state and efficiency.
- Preventive examination: Being intentional about regular or recommended check-ups in order to discover irregularities at their early stages and curb the growth.
- Regular exercise: consistently practice activities such as jogging, running, biking, walking, skipping, etc. in order to keep your organs and circulatory systems healthy as well as improve your overall fitness.
- Avoiding substances that are detrimental to your health: Avoiding harmful substance that could affect body organs in order to maintain healthy organs, blood and general immune system of the body.
- Healthy eating: Ensuring the intake of foods that provide the nutrients the body needs to maintain good health and energy.
In reality, preventive healthcare is often trivialized. According to studies, 60% of all deaths are due to chronic diseases. This would reduce drastically if people discovered and treated diseases from an early stage.
Perhaps people are not aware of the amazing benefits. This article sheds more light on the benefits of preventive healthcare.
7 Benefits of Preventive Healthcare
1. Healthy Lifestyle
The greatest wealth is health.
A healthy lifestyle allows you to be productive and efficient. No sick person thinks of any other thing while on the sickbed.
Their effort will be directed into getting better. When you indulge in preventive healthcare treatment, a healthy lifestyle is guaranteed such that you are aware of your environment and most importantly, the state of your personal health.
2. Prolonged Lifespan
According to studies, a healthy lifestyle increases life expectancy by up to seven years. More importantly, one lives through them in good health. Time is everything, in most cases, it is priceless. Being able to live a good life in good health is priceless but achievable.
The good news is it doesn’t cost a thing. It’s just about practising preventive healthcare.
3. Prevents Reactive Healthcare
The idea here is that you do not have to wait till you’re sick before going for a checkup. Most times, diseases tend to remain unnoticed till they’re full-blown.
Practising reactive healthcare comes with lots of adverse effects such as excess health cost, highjacked schedule and in the case of organ damage, it could be life-threatening.
4. Prevents Crippling Medical Cost
It is hardly a surprise that reactive healthcare costs way more than preventive healthcare. One fact that can never be overemphasized is that the earlier a disease is discovered the better. Chronic diseases like breast and lung cancer are best tackled at the early stages.
This will save the patient lots of pain and money. The reason for this high medical cost can be avoided through lifestyle changes if discovered early. By focusing on preventive healthcare, health costs can be drastically reduced.
5. Curbs Chronic Disease
When you practice preventive healthcare, you’ll discover chronic diseases early which reduces the risk and manages complications.
This will help improve patient’s quality of life, utterly prevent or slow down the disease, and reduce the need for complications which could lead to bankruptcy or ultimately claim the patient’s life.
6. Prevents Organ Damage
When you ignore preventive healthcare, a minor irregularity would grow to dominate whichever organ hosts it. In most cases, people who do not practice preventive healthcare fail to notice the symptoms until it gets serious.
7. Reduces Death Rate
Chronic diseases are responsible for more than half of the death rate. Preventing them at the early stage will have a significant impact in reducing the overall death rate. Ailments discovered early are curbed, a healthy lifestyle is achieved, lifespan is prolonged and ultimately, the death rate is reduced.
“You can never go wrong with preventive healthcare treatment”.
There are endless benefits of preventive healthcare. There will not be as many of the long-term illness if everyone is deliberate about preventive healthcare treatments.
The good news is, health insurance covers preventive healthcare treatments. Leverage this and live a healthier lifestyle.